Reference Number: JO-2104-466874
Medical Director Ophthalmology
Job Type: Permanent
Senior Director Clinical Development Gene Therapy
Salary: Executive level basic salary
Benefits: 25% Bonus, Industry leading Stock Options, 401K, Unlimited vacation & more
Cpl Physicians are partnered with a Rare Disease Biotechnology company pioneering a new way to treat the underlying causes of severe genetic diseases. This organization are in the process of expanding their operations following a positive readout on one of their Ophthalmology projects late last year and are in the market for a Senior Clinical Development Director to report directly into the Chief Medical Officer.
Working as part of a highly experienced team this Senior Director will help design, implement, and communicate clinical trials for their Ocular Disease programs. Collaborating closely with the leadership team you will lead all clinical development activities while working closely with cross functional teams. Responsible for one of the most important programs in the business you will also have oversight of identifying new assets for the pipeline and personally shaping the company portfolio.
As part of their upscaling project, this business added 30 heads last year alone and have plans to continue growing at the same rate. Individuals in the company receive regular promotions and you will have a long-term development plan in place from day one.
Responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for leading all clinical development activities for the Ophthalmology program
• Establish and implement a Clinical Development plan alongside the Chief Medical Officer
• Work as part of a larger research focused team to deliver expert advice and guidance
• Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders at a global level
• Contribute to all clinical and regulatory content for Ophthalmology including study design, INDs, writing protocols and more
• Represent the clinical function at external meetings including health authority interactions
• Responsible for long term planning of the future portfolio providing a disease area strategy
- Identify new assets and programs, building the company portfolio alongside the leadership team
• MD or MD/PhD with expertise in Ophthalmology is essential
• Minimum 2 years prior Clinical Development experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with Orphan Diseases or Oligonucleotide therapeutics is advantageous
• Knowledge of FDA, EMA, PDMA regulations and good clinical practise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will receive an executive level basic salary with a benefits package to include the likes of a bonus scheme, stock options, 401k, medical, dental, vision plans, unlimited PTO, summer hours and more
Contact/How to learn more:
To find out more information or apply, contact Jacob Burrows via email –
CPL Physicians is a specialist US based retained search and contingent staffing firm focusing exclusively on the recruitment of pharmaceutical physicians for pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, Clinical Research Organisations (CROs) and Regulatory Authorities.
For additional vacancies please click the link below: